A little late with this post. Two things kept me busy actually, the first being addicted to another podast series “Undisclosed: The State vs Adnan” which is sort of a continuation of Serial in terms of the investigation. Second, trying to get organised for returning to work part time next week. It’s all happening very fast and I’m not sure what would that do in terms of being able to continue teaching my music students but I hope that I will come up with a solution quickly.
- I found another pair of 3/4 pants in Good Sammy’s for $5. It is almost brand new (or could be, no signs of the pants being worn).
- I worked 1.5 days last week at a school, and babysat once for extra income.
- I had more free entertainment through listening to podcasts. It keeps me entertained while I drive and do housework.
- My son’s swim teacher kindly replaced all of the classes we’ve missed this term so we don’t lose out on the payment we’ve made in advance.
- Bought a new DVD called “Lorax” for my son. It cost me $5 at Woolworths so I’m very pleased.
- I received two $20 gift cards. One for Coles and one for Woolworths. I redeemed them from answering surveys online.
- I also received a $5 voucher for Guardian Pharmacy as it is my birthday month. I really wanted a natural, eco friendly hair treatment and I purchased one from Sukin. It was $7.95 after using the voucher and this will last me for at least a year.
- I took advantage of fuelling up my car for $1.04 per litre. Worth lining up for 5 minutes!!
- I practiced yoga at home. I skipped the urge to attend a class at a studio. Why pay when you have Youtube!
- I’m starting part time work next week. It is not so frugal for us as price of daycare increases, I’ll use more fuel and in general, being out and about tempts me to spend more money. However, I’ll try my best to stay on track. The great thing about this new workplace is that there are no cafes nearby so I will have to bring my own lunch (and make my own coffee). Win!
- Speaking of coffee, I redeemed a free coffee from Muffin Break. I love my coffee.
- I purchased tickets to watch Lion King, The Musical for January next year. I don’t like musicals but I definitely love Lion King!
- I actually bought the same hair treatment at a different pharmacy. Instead of selling them in tubs, they sold them in individual sample size packets. Silly me, I bought 4 (8ml per packet) which is almost the same price as buying one tub (100ml).
- That same afternoon I also splurged on expensive ice cream. Felt incredibly guilty afterwards.. but it was so good!